When you are smoking meat, whether it is for fun or for business, you need a thermometer that is reliable and accurate. Two channel thermometers have an added advantage since you can monitor the temperature of the smoked meat and the temperature of the smoker. We have researched ten of the best two-channel thermometers on the market and narrowed it down to our top three picks. We also reviewed some of the factors you should consider when buying a two-channel thermometer and a buying guide to help you make a more informed decision.
Our top pick is the iGrill Mini by Thermoworks, a popular commercial kitchen equipment manufacturer that is also very affordable. This two-channel thermometer has a simple and easy to read design, has a high temperature range, and can be calibrated as well. However, if you are looking for something more versatile, our other two recommendations should also do the trick.
10 Best 2 channel smoker thermometer Reviews in 2023
When you are cooking meat, it is imperative to have an accurate and reliable thermometer to ensure that it is cooked to perfection. The 2-channel smoker thermometer is the perfect accessory for your smoker. It has a built-in alarm and runs on both battery or 110V power.
You can check on the temperature in the smoker and inside the meat and the thermometer will alert you when the desired temperature is reached.
1. BBQ Dragon Wireless Meat Thermometer – Meater Thermometer Wireless, 6 Channel Bluetooth & 2 Probe – Meat Thermometer Digital for BBQ Grill, Cooking Outdoor, Smoker – Smart Gadget, Smoking Accessories
- ✅FREE SMART APP FOR EFFORTLESS MONITORING – Innovative wireless thermometer for meat equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 and supports iPhone 4s, iPod touch, iPad 3rd generations, and later model phones. It also supports Android 4.3 and later model phones. BBQ Dragon meat thermometer digital comes with a free smartphone app for Apple and Android users that has a super long 300-foot wireless range. This is a must have smart kitchen gadgets!!
- ✅ULTRA-FAST & ACCURATE READING – Be a Grill Master and worry less about overdone or undercooked meat with the help of BBQ Dragon Bluetooth Meat Thermometer. It can measures a wide range of temperatures fast and accurate from 32° F to 662° F (1° C to 350° C). There are 5 temperature settings in this grill thermometer: Rare, Medium Rare, Medium, Medium Well, and Well-Done for various meats. Enjoy a perfectly cooked meal every time with us!
- ✅NEEDLE-TIPPED PROBES – High-quality BBQ thermometer with 2 stainless steel needle-tipped probe so it can puncture the surface of most meats. Designed with 6 sockets and can supports 6 probes to work at the same time. Perfect digital thermometer for cooking to monitor multiple food temperatures you are grilling, cooking, baking or frying. It is also easy to clean and wash as each probe can detach from our digital food thermometer.
- ✅SMART FOOD READY ALERT – Get an immediate notification on your phone once the food temperatures are out of your preset range. It comes with an alarm that counts down that can be accessed on the app on your phone. It also has a highest and lowest temperature alarm. The backlit display is easy to read even in harsh lighting. The smoker thermometer runs on 2 AA batteries (included). It’s been tested to have up to 200 hours of battery life.
- ✅WE CARE FOR YOU! – At BBQ Dragon, we give you the highest quality products. All of our BBQ Dragon products include a one-year satisfaction guarantee. If you aren’t satisfied with the BBQ Dragon Smartphone Connected Meat Thermometer Wireless, then feel free to reach out and let us know. We will send you a new product or refund your money. Our aim is to make your grilling experience a 100% satisfying experience.
Additional Info :
|Color||Multi Prong Thermometer w/ Bluetooth|
, meat thermometerThis digital wireless thermometer is a great choice for anyone who wants to keep track of the temperature inside their smoker, grill, or other cooking vessel. It allows you to accurately monitor the temperature inside your cooker while also checking the temperature of your meat. It also has a range of up to 200 feet, which gives you a lot of leeway when it comes to monitoring your meat without constantly checking the thermometer itself.
This meat thermometer is equipped with a backup battery, so even if the power goes out, you don’t have to worry about losing your temperatures. It also has a magnetic back so that you can stick it to the side of your smoker or grill whenever you need to.
2. MEATER Plus | Smart Meat Thermometer with Bluetooth | 165ft Wireless Range | for The Oven, Grill, Kitchen, BBQ, Smoker, Rotisserie
- 165ft Long Range Model: 100% WIRE-FREE that’s perfect for outdoor cooking. The first truly wireless smart meat thermometer. Monitor your cook using the FREE app available for iOS (10.3 and later) / Android (5.0 and later) smart phones and tablets. Smart phone not included in the package.
- 2 Sensors, 1 Probe: Dual temperature sensors can monitor internal meat temperature up to 212°F and ambient / external temperature up to 527°F simultaneously. Dishwasher safe.
- Guided Cook System: Walks you through every step of the cooking process to guarantee perfect and consistent results. You can also set up custom alerts / notifications based on temperature and/or time. Advanced Estimator Algorithm: Can estimate how long to cook and rest your food to help plan your meal and manage your time.
- Connectivity Suite: Monitor your cook from a phone or tablet over Bluetooth. Extend your range Using MEATER Link WiFi and MEATER Cloud to use Alexa and monitor your cook from a computer.
Additional Info :
, and moreThe Meater is a Bluetooth-enabled, meat thermometer that can accurately measure the temperature from the inside of your meat. It features a magnetic base and stainless steel probe for easy insertion and can be used on the grill, in the oven, or as a traditional meat thermometer. The Meater probe has a temperature range of 32°F to 392°F and is made of non-toxic, BPA-free thermoplastic.
The thermometer is powered by a single AAA battery and includes a battery and a hard case. The Bluetooth range is up to 165 feet, allowing you to monitor the temperature of your meat from outside the kitchen.
3. Wireless Meat Thermometer for Grilling Smoking – Kitchen Food Cooking Candy Thermometer with 3 Probes – Monitor Ambient Temperature Inside The Grill Smoker BBQ Oven Thermometer, 490ft
- 【490ft Stable Signal Connection & Hands Free Monitor】Smoker thermometer with a professional remote signal up to 490 feet, you can watch the game or connect with your family, pets or guests while the remote meat thermometer for grill grilling watches your meat. After rigorous testing, our wireless grill thermometer ‘s signal is strong and stable, reaching 2x farther than a regular connection, 4x more than Bluetooth
- 【Unique Feature – Durable Construction & User-friendly Interface】 The cooking thermometer adopt TPE and plastic integral forming technology – anti-skid and more durable. Better than some other digital meat food thermometers wrapped with rubber sleeve. The buttons on the left are for meat and taste setting, the buttons on the right are for timer setting, make the grill thermomter for inside grill very straightforward to use
- 【Monitoring Food & High / Low Ambient Temp Range Simultaneously】Meat smoking thermometer not only allows you to set your own cooking temperatures, but also can set HI/LOW temp range for your grill or smoker to know when to add more fuel! oven safe meat thermometer will flash and beep to remind you if the temperature ever goes out your set range
- 【IPX7 Waterproof Probe with Step-down Tip Design】BBQ meat thermometer for cooking has 3 probes which are built to IPX7 standard with non-slip design, easier to plug in or pull out. Heat resistant material help to prolong service life. 2 food temp probes / digital candy thermometer with step-down tip design to get temperature more precisely and quickly – Instant Read within 1-3s
- 【USDA Preset Temperature Settings & Built in Timer】Oven thermometer for electric oven with preset temperatures for 8 types of meat and their various doneness levels recommended by USDA; All of the preset temps can be reset to your desired tastes, it’s a professional digital meat thermometer for grill / wireless thermometer for smoking
Additional Info :
The temperature probe can be placed inside the grill and attached to the outside of the grill as well. This allows you to keep an eye on the temperature inside the grill while also monitoring the ambient temperature. The temperature range is -58°F to 572°F (-50°C to 300°C). This wireless thermometer also has a high and low temperature alert.
You can set a high and low temperature alert and receive a notification if the temperature goes above or below those thresholds. This thermometer takes a single AAA battery and is compatible with iOS and Android devices.
4. BBQ Thermometer Temperature Gauge, 2Inch Stainless Steel Barbecue Charcoal Grill Smoker Temp Gauge Pit, Fahrenheit and Heat Indicator for Cooking Meat (2-Pack)
- 【High quality】2-count, 2″ Dial for reading the temperature easily, The smoker gauge thermometer case is made of stainless steel, which is not only more durable, but also more environment friendly.
- 【Unique design】BBQ / Grill / Meat Thermometer, safe and environmentally friendly.Food cooking thermometer is perfect for long-time cooking.
- 【Easy to operate】Screw thread and wing nut for easy mounting, easy to use !Small size and portable.
- 【Safety】The surface of the grill thermometer is waterproof and will not get foggy.
- 【Wide range of applications】Can be used for temperature measurement and control in machine, chemical industry, light-textile industry, medical industry, barbecue, etc.
Additional Info :
Make sure to check the right size — 1. 25-inch or 2-inch — before ordering. I think the 2-inch is a better size for the big grills. The 1.
25-inch seems to be a bit small for the big grills. I think it’s better to have a bit of extra room than not enough. bbq thermometer temperature gauge, 2inch stainless steel barbecue charcoal grill smoker temp gauge pit, fahrenheit and heat indicator for cooking meat (2-pack)
This product has a big advantage over the other thermometers on the market: it’s made of stainless steel and has a lip on one side.
5. ThermoPro Wireless Meat Thermometer of 500FT, Bluetooth Meat Thermometer for Smoker Oven, Grill Thermometer with Dual Probes, Smart Rechargeable BBQ Thermometer for Cooking Turkey Fish Beef
- 500-Ft Bluetooth Range: ThermoPro meat thermometer wireless features advanced Bluetooth 5.0 technology that can provide a strong, effective connection to track temperatures from 500 feet away; Just leave this grilling thermometer beside your grill or oven and remotely monitor the cooking progress using your smartphone
- Easy-to-Use, Multifunctional App: Receive real-time alerts on the go with the ThermoPro BBQ App; Set your desired food temperatures, customize alarms and timers, and view graphs on your phone; USDA meat presets help you to cook to perfection
- Effectively Manage Your Time: Equipped with an advanced estimator algorithm, this smoker thermometer wireless can estimate proper cooking time to help better plan your meals; Pre-alarm settings (5/10/15°F) ensure your meat is removed from the heat at the perfect time
- Highly Accurate Dual Meat Probes: Wireless thermometer features dual BBQ temperature probes which can simultaneously monitor internal meat temperatures and ambient temperatures up to 572°F with an accuracy of ±1.8°F
- Rechargeable Transmitter with Backlit LCD: This rechargeable Bluetooth thermometer can hold a charge for 8 months, providing worry-free operation that doesn’t require frequent battery changes; Large backlit LCD display shows temperatures for both probes, allowing this meat thermometer for smokers to easily convey important info with just a quick glance
- Bluetooth Certification: Meat thermometers provide flawless wireless operation based on the official Bluetooth SIG standards
Additional Info :
Chicken and more. This thermometer is one of the best wireless thermometers that can connect to your smartphone. It has a range of 500ft and can connect to your phone within 100ft. The thermometer is powered by a rechargeable lithium battery which can last up to 24 hours before it needs to be recharged. The dual probes measure internal and external meat temperatures and can be rotated to any angle.
The probes are made of stainless steel and can be cleaned in the dishwasher. The thermometer has a built-in alarm that can alert you when the desired temperature is reached. It also has a smart beep function that can alert you with a beep every degree you need to turn the temperature to reach your desired temperature.
6. Mtsooning 2 3/8″ Face 800F Charcoal BBQ Thermometer, Barbecue Temperature Gauge Grill Pit Wood Smoker Outdoor Meat Beef Pork Lamb Cooking Heating Camping Replacement Parts
- [Easy to Read] : 2 3/8″ Large dial smoker temperature gauge with enlarged degree scales and numbers , you can see the accurate temperature even from far away. Extremely accurate readings from 100 to 800 degrees fahrenheit with extreme accuracy
- [Reliable Material] : The barbecue thermometer is made of stainless steel for maximum durability and reliability, which is not only safe but also environmentally friendly
- [Easy to Install] : Screw thread and wing nut for easy mounting.Easy to install on your grill, oven or oven panel for convenient usage.This barbecue thermometer is very handy for measuring the temperature of the barbecue oven
- [Upgraded Waterproof Function] : The surface of the temperature gauge is waterproof and will not get foggy due to the heat so that you can read the temperature at any time
- [Service Guarantee] : We usually carry out a 100% quality check on barbecue thermometers before delivery. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. As a friendly note, please kindly check the size of your original grill parts before purchase
Additional Info :
This thermometer from MTSOONG is a great budget option and will leave you plenty of budget for charcoal or other accessories. It has a 2. 3-inch face with a very clear display that shows the current temperature to within 1°F. It is made from heat-resistant materials and has a stainless-steel probe that can extend to a full 25 inches.
The probe is magnetic, so it will be easy to retrieve if you are cooking on a grill or barbeque that is not super-smooth. Unfortunately, the base is not magnetic, so you will need to retrieve the probe by hand.
7. ThermoPro TP-17 Dual Probe Digital Cooking Meat Thermometer Large LCD Backlight Food Grill Thermometer with Timer Mode for Smoker Kitchen Oven BBQ, Silver
- BBQ High/Low Temperature Alarm: This smoker thermometer will flash and beep to notify you if your grill’s temperature ever exceeds your desired range, and when to add more fuel. HI/LOW temp range alarm is specifically designed for usage with smokers, grills and BBQs
- Dual probe grill thermometer and USDA presets: Monitor temperatures of two pieces of meat or grill temperature without swapping probes or using different devices includes USDA preset temperatures and can also adjust set temperature manually
- Large & Clear Backlit LCD Display: This BBQ thermometer features a large display which features both food /oven/grill/smoker temperatures and timer for the most intuitive experience. Use the backlight to view temperatures in any light condition
- Highly Accurate Probes: This oven thermometer features an accuracy of ±1.8°F (±1°C) to quickly to alert you of the slightest temp change in seconds. Cook anything you want with this food thermometer that can operate in a range of 14°F to 572°F (-10˚C to 300˚C)
- Easy to Use and Store: Perfect outdoor fryer accessories for your backyard kitchen, indoor and outdoor uses; Place this digital meat thermometer for cooking and use it with ease with its front facing buttons; Then store anywhere in your kitchen or grill using its flip-out countertop stand, and magnetic back
Additional Info :
This thermometer features a dual probe set, with one for checking the internal temperature of the meat and the second for checking the ambient temperature of the grill. The device also features a timer function and a backlit screen. This thermometer is highly accurate, with a temperature range from -58 to 572 degrees Fahrenheit. It can be used for checking the temperature of the meat in the oven or in the smoker and also for checking the temperature of the grill, with a temperature range from 0 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
The thermometer is equipped with a long probe and a magnet for attaching to the grill. The thermometer can be used for checking the temperature of the ambient air on a boat or in a caravan.
8. 2 inch BBQ Thermometer Gauge Charcoal Grill Pit Smoker Temp Gauge Grill Thermometer Replacement for Smoker Grill Wood Charcoal Pit, Heat Indicator Grill Temp Thermometer
- 2″ BBQ grill smoker pit thermometer stainless steel thermostat pit temp gauge
- with extreme accuracy, extra 2 1/2″ long stainless steel probe rod for accurate temperature readings and precisely measures internal temperatures of food with a quick 3 to 4 second response time.
- This grill temperature gauge is made out of stainless steel, which is sturdy and rust resisting, a safety and durability for your family.
- 2” large 3 color coded zones grill thermometer with enlarged degree scales and numbers, easy data reading, allows you to grasp the temperature at a glance even at night. Face reads 100 to 550 °F
- Just insert the stem through the hole on your grill, and attach the kit included. This temperature gauge is designed to be mounted at the outer of grills, if utilized in liquid or environments with a good deal steam, may additionally fogged up with condensation, but the condensation will disappeared after some time.
Additional Info :
9. ThermoPro TP25 500ft Wireless Bluetooth Meat Thermometer with 4 Temperature Probes Smart Digital Cooking BBQ Thermometer for Grilling Oven Food Smoker Thermometer, Rechargeable
- Extended 500ft Range & Bluetooth 5.0 Certificate by SIG: Rechargeable bluetooth thermometer adopts advanced bluetooth 5.0 technology that provides food thermometer with the strongest, most reliable connection; With the out of range alert function, you’ll never miss the moment to remove your meat from the grill
- 4 Different Color Coated Probes: 4-probes smart meat thermometer allow you to conveniently monitor 4 different meats and ambient temperature while being highly accurate; Meat probe thermometer winders are perfect to neatly store your wireless thermometer for cooking after use
- Simplistic, Multi-Functional App: ThermoPro meat thermometer wireless app contains editable preset temperatures for 9 meat types and their various doneness levels recommended by USDA; Keep your smoker in that ideal range with HI/LOW temp range feature to allow you easily monitor your cook from up to 500 feet away
- Timer & Smart Alarms: Smoker thermometer lets you program up to 4 timers to assist with monitoring your side dishes; Stay alert with alarms for both passing your target temp or running out fuel for your smoker; Kitchen thermometer features pre-alarm to notify you when the temp is 5/10/15 degrees away from target temp, so you pull the meat off at the perfect time
- Advanced Cook Time Estimator & Temp Track Graph: Better manage your time with the help of the intelligent cook time estimator, which informs you how much time until target temp is reached; Bluetooth grill thermometer records a history of your probes’ temperatures, then creating a chart in real time
Additional Info :
The TP25 is a great option for those looking for a Bluetooth meat thermometer with multiple probes. The thermometer itself is long and slim, with a blue backlight that displays the temperature of the meat you are cooking. It can be used with either one or two probes, with two probes being ideal for larger cuts of meat. The thermometer works within a range of 32 to 572°F, with a temperature accuracy of ±1.
8°F. The probes are also waterproof, so you can use them in a grill as well as in a pot on the stove. The app is easy to use and offers a wide range of features, including email alerts, meat temperature history, and more.
10. ThermoPro TP829 Wireless Meat Thermometer for Grilling and Smoking, 1000FT Grill Thermometer for Outside Grill with 4 Meat Probes, BBQ Thermometer for Smoker Oven Cooking Beef Turkey
- Best-in-Class 1000FT Range: Equipped with the strongest and most reliable RF technology, this meat thermometer wireless operates on distances up to 1000 feet, freely perform other tasks while your smoker thermometer wireless monitors your meat to perfection
- Avoid Confusion with 4 Color-Coded Probes: Simultaneously monitor up to 4 kinds of meat or the ambient temperature of your smoker/oven/grill by using the 4 probes of this wireless thermometer for grilling; Each probe can be easily identified through its own color-coded meat probe and plug
- Preset USDA-Recommended Temperatures & Smart Alarm: Featuring 10 USDA meat presets and various doneness levels, this grilling thermometer helps you cook to perfection every time; The alarm mode of this wireless grill thermometer is flash and beep once temperatures approach your set range
- BBQ/Smoker Temperature Alarm & Built-in Timer: Meat thermometers for smokers take precise temperatures of your grill or smoker and can remind you when to add more fuel exactly; With the built-in timer of smoking thermometer, feel free to mingle, do chores or watch TV without the need to constantly hover over your grill
- Large Backlit LCD & Multiple Placement Options: Stay informed of real-time cooking data through a large backlit screen that displays the target and current temps of all 4 probes belonging to this meat thermometer for smokers; Place your smart meat thermometer anywhere using its magnetic back, wall mount or tabletop stand
Additional Info :
This thermometer has a range of up to 1000 feet and can monitor temperatures of four different foods at once. The probes are sixteen inches long, so they can reach deep into large cuts of meat like a rack of ribs or a whole chicken. The thermometer can record the highest temperature of each food, and it can be used in the oven, on the grill, or over a campfire. The display can be wall-mounted or stands on its own on a countertop.
The thermometer features a probe lock to secure the ends in place so they don’t slip out of the meat. It also has a backlit LCD screen and a buzzer alert to let users know when the desired temperature has been reached.
Best 2 channel smoker thermometer You Are Looking For
The thermometer protects the smoker from overheating and also ensures that the food is cooked properly. However, not all smoker thermometers are created equal. There are several features that you need to take into consideration before buying one.
1. Type of Thermometer
A smoker thermometer can be of two types: instant-read or probe thermometers. An instant-read thermometer can be used to immediately measure the internal temperature of the food. You can use a probe thermometer to measure the temperature of the food as well as the smoker. Some probe thermometers can be placed inside the smoker, while others can be attached to the exterior.
The range of the thermometer should be suitable for the smoker. If the smoker does not have a good air circulation, you may need a thermometer with a shorter range. Otherwise, you may end up with inaccurate readings.
The thermometer should be able to provide accurate readings. Some thermometers are equipped with sensors that can be calibrated, while others have automatic shutoff features to save energy. You can also choose thermometers with adjustable ranges.
There are two types of displays: LCD and LED. An LED display is usually more basic and can only show the temperature. An LCD display can show the temperature as well as have several other features. You can choose a thermometer that has a display that is easily readable and located at eye level.
Some thermometers can do more than just measure the temperature. Some have timers, while others can be used to measure the ambient temperature. If you want a more multi-functional thermometer, you can choose one with several options.
6. Additional Features
There are several additional features that you can look for in a smoker thermometer. Some thermometers have remote probes for monitoring several items at once. Others have magnetic sensors that make it easier to use them. You can also choose thermometers that are weatherproof and made of stainless steel.
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Smoker Thermometer
There are several features that you need to take into consideration before buying a smoker thermometer. The smoker thermometer reviews will help you choose the features that are important to you. Here are some features to look for when choosing a smoker thermometer:
People Also Ask (FAQs)
What is the best dual channel smoker thermometer?
Which smoker thermometer is the most accurate?
What temperature do you smoke meat at?
How do I keep my smoker at a constant temperature?
To keep your smoker at a constant temperature you will need to maintain a consistent level of wood in your smoker. This is because wood is the main source of heat in a smoker. If you add too much wood, the temperature will go up. If you don’t add enough wood, the temperature will go down.
It is very important to keep an eye on your temperature. If the temperature goes above 250 degrees F, you run the risk of drying out your meat.
Are dual channel thermometers worth it?
In short, yes. A dual channel thermometer will give you a more accurate reading than a single channel thermometer. The most obvious difference between single and dual channel thermometers is their physical layout. Dual channel thermometers contain two probes that each measure their own temperature. They are generally longer than single channel thermometers.
Single channel thermometers contain a single probe and measure the temperature at a single point. They are generally shorter than dual channel thermometers. Which is better That depends.
The key to great barbecue is consistency, and that requires a well-calibrated smoker thermometer. While you can use a digital instant-read thermometer, the best smoker thermometers are analog dial models that allow you to accurately measure the temperature over a wide range and for a long period of time. Remember, the temperature inside your smoker or grill is constantly changing, so the best smoker thermometer lets you easily take readings at 5- to 10-minute intervals.
We also recommend that you find a smoker thermometer that comes with a probe and aluminum sheath to protect it from the heat of your smoker or grill.