Butterfly stitches are simple, yet very effective. The name originated from the way the stitches resemble butterfly wings. They are most commonly used for wound closure and tissue support. They can also be used to re-create the natural hairline or replace a temple lift. Butterfly stitches are simple, yet very effective. The name originated from the way the stitches resemble butterfly wings. They are most commonly used for wound closure and tissue support.
They can also be used to re-create the natural hairline or replace a temple lift. If you’ve ever been under the knife, you’ve probably had some stitches. A skin incision is closed with fine sutures that are almost invisible to the naked eye. While they’re completely safe, they do cause discomfort. If you’ve ever been under the knife, you’ve probably had some stitches.
Our Recommended 10 Best butterfly stitches in 2023
Perfect for a beginner, the butterfly stitches are a beautiful alternative to the traditional running stitch. Butterfly stitches are used in counted-thread embroidery and are created with a knotted thread. They are worked in pairs and are used to fill in small areas. The end stitches are worked in a contrasting thread.
The butterfly stitches are also known as the caterpillar stitches. And like the caterpillar stitches, the butterfly stitches are also worked from left to right.
1. MED PRIDE Butterfly Wound Closures [Pack of 100 Butterfly Stitch Bandages]- Sterile Wound Closure Strips with Non-Stick Pad & Hypoallergenic Adhesive- Rubber/Latex Free for Cuts & Injuries
- TAKE CARE OF SMALL, SHALLOW CUTS & INJURIES AT HOME: Accelerate the healing of any small and shallow cut or wound with these hospital-grade butterfly stitches that will keep the impacted skin together, allowing for faster and easier recovery. A great way to handle any trauma situations= and seal knife cuts, razor cuts or any minor injuries at home, school, travels and more!
- INDIVIDUALLY WRAPPED STERILE SKIN CLOSURE STRIPS: Each of these sterile strip skin closures come in individually wrapped package to remain all over clean and hygiene until use. Along with their 100% sterile synthesis with a non-stick pad, you can always keep a couple of them in your bag and be ready to tackle any minor incident with utmost safety.
- HYPOALLERGENIC ADHESIVE – NATURAL LATEX & RUBBER FREE: Made of the highest quality materials and hypoallergenic adhesive, the Medpride butterfly wound band-aids are safe to use even on the most sensitive skin types, for kids and adults alike. Completely free of natural rubber latex, they make a suitable choice even for people prone to skin allergies and irritations.
- STRONG ADHESIVE FOR COMFORTABLE FIT: Boasting a breathable, lightweight and easy to apply design for hassle-free use, these cut closure bandages are a great way to help heal the wounded area without holding you back from your daily activities. A must-have addition to your wound-care products and first-aid kit. [Available in 2 sizes: Medium: 3/8” x 1-13/16” | Large: 1/2” x 2-3/4”]
- ORDER WITH PEACE OF MIND: Medpride is your trusted supplier of effective, top quality medical products that you can count on to equip your personal or professional medical kit. Backed by a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, you have every good reason to choose Medpride for all your personal care supplies!
Additional Info :
Caused by minor traumaThis is a large pack of butterfly bandages that are very popular with people who have experienced an accidental cut caused by small injuries, such as a paper cut. The hypoallergenic adhesive is non-stick, which helps prevent the adhesive from pulling away from the skin. This allows the bandage to stay in place and heal the wound more quickly.
This product is made by Med Pride, a company that is dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of quality and customer service. These butterfly bandages are latex-free and sterile when you receive them, so they’re ready to use right away.
2. 1 X 3.7” (3 CT) Wound Closure Strips – Survival First Aid Kit – Zip Strips Wound Closure Device Zip Tie Skin Closure Butterfly Tape for Cuts Butterfly Closures Steri Strips Stitches Bandages Bandaids
- ✅ EFFECTIVE WOUND CARE – No emergency kit or first aid kit would be complete without our stitch-free closures. The adhesive strips’ design limits tissue trauma for comfortable and painless healing.
- ✅ SCAR-FREE HEALING – Treat small cuts and surgical incisions with care. Each wound seal strip prevents excessive movement and exposure to stimulate your skin’s natural healing capabilities.
- ✅ BE PREPARED FOR ANYTHING – Our wound seal adhesive strips are recommended for lacerations and wound care. The kit includes 6 wound closure devices with 3 PU dressings.
- ✅ EFFORTLESS APPLICATION – Applying our medical-grade wound tape only requires a few steps. It’s breathable and you’ll barely feel it when fastened. 3 PU dressings included.
- ✅ SAFE & HYPOALLERGENIC – Each kit of our wound care products is carefully studied. This wound closure tape is completely safe for adults, kids, and nursing moms regardless of skin type.
These wound closure strips are great for cuts and scrapes. Just pinch them together around the cut and they will stay in place and create a water tight seal. These are great for cuts that are bleeding heavily. These zip strips are great for cuts, abrasions, and even a blister. They help stop bleeding, protect the wound and keep out dirt and germs.
They are waterproof, sterile, and hypoallergenic. They are easy to apply and remove and can be used in the field, at home, or any other place where first aid is needed. These are a great addition to your first aid kit or to keep in your vehicle.
3. Emergency Wound Closures Device, Butterfly Bandaids Wound Closure 4 Pcs- Repair Wounds Without Stitches, Great for Outdoor Activities Such As Hiking, Exploring Wild Nature, Quick Clot
- CONVENIENT EMERGENCY WOUND CLOSURE KIT-for quick wound suture-free closure in an emergency to prevent excessive exposures, and stimulate your skin’s natural healing. The small package comes with all essential tools (4 Emergency Wound Closures Device, 8 Cleaning Wipes, 8 Cotton Swabs) for wound closure. Clean & Dry the skin before application.
- EFFICIENT & ECONOMY: Laceration Closure Kit is convenient to store & carry, 3x faster than traditional sutures, saving stressful & costly trips to the ER. Be prepared and no more hurry!
- STITCHLESS CLOSURE: Our Wound Closure is No-stitch needed, easy & painless to use. It helps reduce secondary trauma & scarring, enhances recovery & removal comfort, and effectively Reduce Scarring compared to traditional stitching. Ideal for kids or people who is afraid of traditional sutures.
- ADJUSTABLE LENGTH: Zip suture can be tightened using 4 adjustable closures, is allowable to adjust and customize the tension across the length of the wound so users can precisely control how they close the wound.
- SAFE & HYPOALLERGENIC ALTERNATIVE: This zip suture bandaids kit is completely safe for adults, kids, and nursing moms regardless of skin type. Alternative to using skin glue, skin stapler, and traditional sutures. A must-have for all first aid kits (home, office, outdoor, survival, etc).
Additional Info :
Ting action will stop the bleeding fast, safe to use and no side effects. Safe and easy to use: apply the band aid directly on the wound, wait for a minute and then press around the edges to secure the band aid, no need for needles and thread, safe to use and no side effects. Quick clotting action: the wound closure will stop the bleeding fast, safe to use and no side effects.
Large enough to cover big wounds: 4 butterfly band aids, big enough to cover big wounds such as finger, toe, ear, etc.
4. Zip Sutures Butterfly Bandaids, 4 Sets Emergency Wound Closures Device – Surgical Quality Laceration Repair Kit Without Stitches, Quick Clot Zip Sutures Laceration Kit
- ✅QUICK AND EFFECTIVE WOUND CLOSURE: These surgical quality zip sutures come with emergency wound closure, cleaning wipes and cotton swabs that can effectively treat wounds where you are. Great alternative to stitches, skin glue and butterfly zip sutures. (4 Emergency Wound Closures Device, 8 Cleaning Wipes, 8 Cotton Swabs)
- ✅STRONG AND SECURE: 8x stronger than traditional stitches, protecting the wound from exposure and keeping it securely closed, even during joint flexion. The wound closure kit is made of hypoallergenic materials and professional adhesion.
- ✅Easy to Use and Remove, Reliable!: With our wound closure device, you can easily, quickly and non-traumatically close the cut wherever you are, and you can peel the device like a dressing from the skin after healing. ArixMed can be counted on in emergencies and save time when every second counts.
- ✅HEAL QUICKLY AND NO SCAR: Compared to staples & sutures, zip sutures technology is without puncture, it causes no new pain or trauma to the wound site while reducing the risk of infection and minimizing scarring.
- ✅BE PREPARED! BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY: The emergency bag is not complete without wound closure devices. Accidents happen everywhere, regardless of our wishes. Keep some on hand to treat serious wounds urgently for the first time, saving time and money on costly ER visits.
Additional Info :
Is a real life saver when it comes to closing cuts quickly, safely and without the need for stitches. Since this product uses surgical-grade absorbable thread, it can be used on cuts of up to ¼ inch. The product includes four self-packing wound closure devices, one tube of quick clot hemostatic agent, and an instruction sheet.
The zip sutures laceration repair kit is perfect for sports, medical, and outdoor use, and is extremely portable. The product is not designed for deep cuts, but it works well on cuts that are not longer than ¼ inch.
5. Medique Products 60233 Butterfly Bandage, Medium
- Won’t stick wounds
- Latex free bandages
- 3/8-inch x 1-13/16-inch
Additional Info :
The Butterfly Medium Bandage from Medique Products is a butterfly bandage that is designed to cover and protect the wound. The design of the bandage is to keep the wound closed and keep the fluids from leaking outside. It is designed to fit a wound that is 7 to 11 inches wide and 6 to 8 inches long. The bandage is also reusable. The bandage material is latex free, and it is safe to use on sensitive skin.
You can use the bandage on a variety of wounds, such as cuts, scrapes, and abrasions. It is also safe to use on wounds that are bleeding. The bandage covers the wound and will help control the bleeding.
6. TINDAY Paint by Number Stitch DIY Paint by Numbers Kit for Adults Kids Beginner Stitch DIY Canvas Painting by Numbers Painting Acrylic Painting for Home Decoration Stitch with Butterfly 16×20 Inch
- [Enjoy Painting] Stitch DIY Paint by numbers is easy to paint.Whoever want to be an artist ,you can finish it. Adults Child Beginner who has just learned to paint, it can be done.
- [Great gifts] Disney Painting by numbers kits are the nice and fancy gifts for beginner( to practice painting), both kids and adults, experienced artists, family member, friends. It’s good feeling to help people around you starting their fun activity during stay home.
- [Educational Toy] It is a good choice for education, it will help kids to enhance their intelligence and get interested in drawing.
- [Is It Safe?] The pigment is composed of acrylic, safe and environmentally friendly, no harm, you can enjoy painting.
- [You can get] Paint by numbers for adults beginner Kids DIY Artistic craft Oil Painting 16 x 20 inch canvas 1 Pack , 1 set acrylic Paints , 3 pcs brushes Exquisite Gift Packaging ( No frame)
Additional Info :
My first impression of this product was that it was nicely packaged and came with everything needed to get started right away. The paintbrush was useful and not cheap, but it was usable. The paint itself was not watered down, so the coverage was excellent. It was easy to follow the instructions and get started on the project. There are lots of designs available and the prices are reasonable.
The major drawback I saw with this product was that the paint color was not true to the pictures online. It was also hard to see the numbers online and on the canvas when painting. The numbers could have been larger as a result. The package had a lot of excellent designs to choose from, but many were not available online.
7. Cute Butterfly Charms Knitting Stitch Markers With Case, Grandmother Gift, by Pretty Warm Designs
- Imagine these tropical butterflies floating through a magical garden. Each of these beauties has an ombre wash of vibrant color painted across their detailed wings. They are small and light and absolutely charming.
- Six different butterfly colors help keep your stitch pattern organized
- The smooth knitting rings are snag free with no join to catch your yarns
- Set of 6 with tin; knitting needle and yarn are not included
- Fits needle sizes up to US 8 (5 mm); approximate length 1″; perfect for projects using DK, worsted and Aran weight yarns
Additional Info :
|Color||Orange Yellow Green Blue Pink Purple Silver|
Our #1 pick for best knitting stitch markers for beginners is the Cute Butterfly Charms Knitting Stitch Markers with Case by Pretty Warm Designs. This set of six markers comes in a cute case that resembles a butterfly. The case can be attached to your project bag or draped around your neck for easy access to your markers. These stitch markers are simple, but they are very cute and will add a pop of color to your projects.
They also do not snag your yarn, making them ideal for beginners. They are made of aluminum, which means they are lightweight, durable, and won’t damage your yarn. They are also nickel-free and hypoallergenic.
8. Cudlie Buttons & Stitches Baby Girl 3 Pack Rolled/Carded Hooded Towels in Butterfly Polka Print (GS71727)
- These hooded baby bath towels feature an extra gentle touch to your baby’s sensitive skin.Our super comfy towels are absorbent and keeps your baby dry cozy after the bath.
- Machine Washable for easy clean up and great for everyday use. They are long lasting and can withstand many washes without fraying.
- Perfectly able – buttons and stitches baby hooded towels are a perfect for any new parent and an essential for baby registries.Baby will love its Designs and soft colors.
- Affordable, high quality Value pack of 3 Hooded towels in butterfly polka print.
- Cute, coordinating butterfly polka prints, perfect for your little one
Additional Info :
These hooded towels from Cudlie are soft, absorbent, and cute enough to make your baby excited about bath time. The towels come in several different patterns and colors, including pink and blue butterfly. They are made of 100 percent cotton terry cloth and are stain-resistant, anti-pilling, and machine washable. The towels come in packs of three with varying sizes.
The largest is 27 inches by 52 inches, and the smallest is 21 inches by 36 inches. If you are looking for hooded towels for a baby, the medium size is the one to choose. It covers your baby from neck to toes, and the hood keeps her head warm during a cold rinse.
9. Vera Bradley Women’s Cotton Campus Backpack Butterfly By – Recycled Cotton
- MACHINE WASHABLE RECYCLED COTTON – The cotton fabric that you’re familiar with has been reimagined; this sustainable fabric is made from recycled cotton fibers and has all of the comfort, softness, and vibrancy that you know and love.
- CHIC & SECURE — Keep your tech essentials safe with 2 interior mesh slip pockets that work as laptop or tablet compartments for work or school – add in the zippered top closure & fully printed polyester lining & you’re ready to conquer the day
- HASSLE FREE COMMUTE — The Vera Bradley Campus Backpack is made from colorful, lightweight quilted cotton & features 2 zip pockets, 2 side slip pockets, & a hidden back zip pocket so you can travel with ease & arrive in style
- ENDLESS ORGANIZATION — The front zip compartment features 4 slip pockets, 3 pen slip pockets & an ID window to keep your essential supplies organized & quick to access
- STYLISH, LIGHTWEIGHT & SIZED RIGHT — The Campus Backpack measures 17 inches high, 11 inches wide, & 8 inches deep with a 3 inch top handle drop & 32 inch adjustable straps, with a trolley sleeve for smooth travels
Additional Info :
|Color||Butterfly By – Recycled Cotton|
With recycled polyester webbing and hardware. This is a great college or high school backpack for young women. It is small but roomy. The butterfly design is colorful and fun. It has one large main compartment with a drawstring closure. A front zippered pocket is great for storing smaller items. The back and straps are padded for comfort. It has one adjustable shoulder strap.
Dimensions are 10. 5 x 12 x 4. 25 inches. Weight is 1. 6 pounds. This is a sturdy and well-made backpack, and it is machine washable.
10. Ballgowns & Butterflies: A Stitch in Time Holiday Novella
Additional Info :
Holly is looking forward to a quiet holiday season. Her brother, who’s away at college, is coming home, and she’s determined to keep the peace between him and their dad. But when she finds a mysterious stranger on her doorstep, she discovers that the holidays can bring the most unexpected gifts of all. Sawyer is a little lost. He’s come to town to visit his grandmother, and things never go as planned.
When he finds an injured dog outside a woman’s house, everything changes. That’s when he meets Holly, and everything changes again. I loved this novella! Sawyer is charming. I loved his sweet relationship with his dog.
A Guide to Choosing the Right butterfly stitches
When shopping for a temporary tattoo, it’s important to check the label to see if the product is made with safe, non-toxic materials. “Most temporary tattoos are made with water-based or solvent-based ink,” says Dr. Derrick Spiegler, a board-certified dermatologist and partner at DermaSpiegler, P.C. in New York City. “Solvent-based inks are usually made with heavier chemicals that could cause irritation to the skin, so water-based inks are usually better for sensitive skin.” All of the products featured in our roundup are labeled as non-toxic and made with water-based ink.
The size of a temporary tattoo is usually measured in inches. If you are applying a temporary tattoo for a special occasion, it’s best to make sure that the tattoo won’t cover any of your regular clothing or accessories. Keep in mind that smaller tattoos will look more natural, while larger ones are best used for unique necklines or shoulders.
The best temporary tattoos have bright, opaque colors that look natural and last for hours. Look for tattoos that have strong hues, rather than dyes that will fade or rub off quickly. Many temporary tattoos have bold, solid colors, so if you want a tattoo with a more realistic or delicate look, you may need to layer several temporary tattoos on top of one another to create the desired effect.
Temporary tattoos are a great way to try out a new look or add a pop of color and pattern to your outfit. When shopping for a temporary tattoo design, think about the look you want to create, whether you want a small tattoo or need a large temporary tattoo for a special occasion. There are tons of different tattoo designs to choose from, including flowers, animals, phrases, and more.
Most temporary tattoos are easy to apply on your own. Still, it’s a good idea to check the label to make sure the tattoo won’t irritate your skin. If you have sensitive skin, it’s best to apply temporary tattoos with the assistance of an adult. Once you’ve applied the tattoo, you’ll want to let it set for at least 30 minutes so that the ink has time to completely dry. During this time, it’s best to avoid getting the tattoo wet or rubbing it too hard, as both of these actions can cause it to
FAQ Questions and Answers
How long do butterfly stitches stay in?
Most butterfly stitches are removed in 5 to 7 days. They should fall out on their own in about a week. What should I do for butterfly stitches Most butterfly stitches need to be covered with a non-adherent dressing. A butterfly pad is the most common dressing used.
It is placed over the wound and attached to the skin with tape. The dressing protects the wound while it is healing. It also helps to keep the area clean.
Can you get rid of butterfly stitches?
Although butterfly stitches are intended to stay in place for about two weeks, they can be removed at any time. If the stitches are still in place after two weeks, then they should be left in place until they dissolve on their own. When you remove the stitches, make sure that you do not pull on the skin around the area where the stitches are located.
This can cause the skin to tear open, which can lead to infection.
What is the purpose of butterfly stitches?
How do you put a butterfly stitch?
1. Thread your needle. 2. Start by sewing a small stitch, leaving about a 5mm gap. 3. Pull your thread through. 4. Insert the needle into the hole you just left, next to where you came through.
5. Pull the thread through. 6. Repeat steps 4 and 5. 7. When you come to the end of the row, sew a few stitches to secure the thread and knot.
What is the difference between a butterfly stitch and intercostal stitch?
Butterfly stitches are a fun way to add dimension and texture to your brows and other areas of your face. Additionally, they can be used to enhance existing brow hairs and fill in sparse areas. Depending on how you space them out and where you place them, they can give you a very natural or very bold look.
We hope you enjoyed our list of the best butterfly stitches, and we wish you success in achieving your desired look. Thank you for reading!
If you’re shopping for other types of derma rollers, you can browse our other reviews by clicking here.