It is quite a common phenomenon to be confused over which is the home automation hub to buy. This dilemma arises due to the existence of various types of home automation hubs that are present in the market. To reduce your conundrum, we have prepared a comprehensive guide of how you may pick the best home automation hubs available in the market.
Our Recommended 10 Best home automation hub in 2022
- New Z-Wave 700 radio supports S2 security and SmartStart device inclusion (Model C-7 hub)
- Easiest way to make your home a smart home: Wirelessly connect and control a huge range of smart devices - over 5,000 are available from dozens of brands - including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Automate connected devices: Any device you connect can be included into automations which can be intelligently managed
- Control via Sapp and voice: Monitor and control connected devices, and run automations, using the Samsung SmartThings app on Android, iOS, and iPadOS, or voice user interfaces Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Requires an internet-connected Wi-Fi router (available Ethernet port recommended), plus a smart phone or table running the SmartThings app
- Compatibility: certified to work with Google, Alexa, SmartThings, Wi-Fi, Z-Wave Plus, and ZigBee protocols. Not compatible outside of the USA.
- Works with Alexa to easily control your home entertainment devices with your voice
- Combine up to 8 remotes and countless apps into one easy-to-use smartphone app.
- Create customized activities to control your home entertainment. For example, simply tap “Date Night” and Harmony can turn on your Sony Android TV, launch Netflix, dim your Philips Hue smart lights and turn on your Sonos connected speaker
- Harmony App for iOS or Android smartphone or tablet: Simply swipe and tap to control channels, movies, 50 customizable channel Favorites
- Closed cabinet control: Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices in closed cabinets
- LOCALLY MANAGED AUTOMATION: Your automations are managed locally (NOT in the cloud) for better speed, reliability and privacy.
- FREE INTEGRATIONS: Works with Alexa, Google Home, Z-Wave, Zigbee, MyQ, Harmony Hub, IFTTT, HUE, Ecobee, LIFX, Rachio, & More.
- FREE REMOTE ACCESS: Includes MyHS Remote Access Service so you can monitor and control your home from anywhere.
- FREE CAMERA SUPPORT: Supports Live Views & Automated Recordings (with compatible RTSP cameras)
- CLOUD BACKUP AVAILABLE: Keep your system settings safe with our off-site backup service.
- 【HIGH COMPATIBILITY】: Support RF (315MHZ & 433MHz) controlled devices such as curtain/shades motor, projector, light switch. Pls make sure your appliance does not use rolling code; Support 50,000+ IR controlled entertainment and life appliances, such as TV, Air Conditioner, Set top box, Streaming player, Amplifier, Sound Bar... Online updated IR library ensures the compatibility for new models. Manual learning is also available.
- 【TV / AC CONTROL】: Voice control your TV with On/Off, Volume control, Change channel by number/name, Switch input, Play, Fast forward, Rewind, Pause, Stop, Previous, Next…Voice control your aircon with On/Off, Temperature, Fan speed, mode. With free easy-to-use BroadLink App, you can remotely control your IR/RF devices no matter you are at home or away. Note: you can visit our website to confirm if your IR appliances is compatible with our devices: PARTNERSHIPS - APPLIANCE(IR).
- 【VOICE CONTROL AND IFTTT】: Works with Alexa or Google Assistant and IFTTT (“BroadLink” skill/service) . Simple setup with Amazon Echo or Google Nest to easily voice control your IR devices, and more home automation settings can be added by IFTTT. Siri voice control is also available on phone.
- 【FEATURES】: Create multiple timers and customized scenes as you need to control your Home Infrared/RF appliances. Frequency ranges are 305~335MHz & 430~440MHz, with fixed code, not rolling code.
- 【QUALITY & TECH SUPPORT】: NOTE: Require a secured 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks. If you have any issues on device connecting, pls contact our support team any time. Some special curtain motor and ceiling fan may not supportted, you can consult us before purchasing.
- VOICE CONTROL: Works with Alexa and Google Assistant (devices sold separately)
- CONNECT ALL YOUR SMART DEVICES: Easily connect and manage your smart home ecosystem with Wink Hub 2. Compatible with all major smart home categories, including cameras & doorbells, lighting & locks, thermostats, sensors & alarms, appliances, speakers and more.
- ONE SIMPLE APP: Control all your home’s smart devices, no matter where you may be, using the Wink app on your smartphone. Set up shortcuts that let you turn off all your home’s lights with a single tap or automatically turns up the thermostat when the front door is unlocked.
- ULTIMATE COMPATIBILITY: Wink Hub 2 enables you to connect and control 400+ smart home devices, including those made by Nest, Philips, Ring, Ecobee, Go Control, Schlage, Sonos, Arlo, Yale and Chamberlain.
- THE LARGEST PROTOCOL SUPPORT: Wink Hub 2 supports Bluetooth LE, ZigBee, Z-Wave, Kidde, and Lutron Clear Connect. Works with more smart home protocols than any other platform.
- REMOTE CONTROL - Control your motorized blinds, shades, and curtains in groups or individually from anywhere with your mobile device. You can add rooms, areas of your home, and individual window coverings to match your home’s layout.
- HOME AUTOMATION - Connect your current motorized blinds/shades seamlessly with Alexa, Google Home, Siri Shortcuts, IFTTT, and Control4, and use voice commands to set schedules for automated control of your shades. Open/close at sunrise/sunset automatically when geolocation is enabled.
- NEO SMART BLINDS APP: mobile app developed specifically for easy blind control. Allows you to operate blinds in groups or individually, set desired positions, schedules, and create scenes. Download it for free on your Apple or Android smartphones. A great addition to your smart home system!
- COMPATIBILITY - NEO Smart Controller is proud to offer vast compatibility with many different motor brands (Neo/Bofu/Simplicity, etc). **NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WAND MOTORS.
- NOTES - The controller range is approximately 150ft. One (1) controller is recommended per floor in a typical-sized home. Currently not compatible with the Apple Home Kit.
- 📡 World's Longest Wireless Range: Powered by LoRa technology, the long-range yet low-power system offers the industry’s longest receiving range in the market (1/4 mile). Our long-range coverage enables its use in areas challenging for most residential Wi-Fi systems, such as basements, outdoor porch/patio areas, sheds, free-standing garages, even remote outbuildings on your property.
- 🔌 Plug, Plug & Play! Plug Hub into an outlet, plug Hub into your router, scan in new devices, and enjoy your new system, in minutes! Your Hub is the only device that connects to the Internet, and a wired or WiFi connection is required (wired required for easy & fast Plug, Plug & Play, and most reliable and secure connection). WiFi connection set-up difficulty varies and requires changing settings to your network and/or your phone and later if you change passwords
- ✔ That Was Easy! The rock-solid reliability of the LoRa wireless network and longer-lasting batteries (with early-warning replacement notifications) means your YoLink system will offer years of low-maintenance and minimized downtime.
- ⏱ Easy to Set Up - Scan & Play: Install the YoLink Android/iOS app, and after a couple simple steps devices are up and running. No special technical knowledge required; Easy to Use: The YoLink app is user-friendly, intuitive and simple to use. No complicated steps or menus to navigate.
- 🤷♂️ No More WiFi Worries: YoLink devices do NOT connect to your WiFi. Each device on your WiFi is a potential security risk, whereas only the Hub connects to the internet. Gone are the days of worrying if your WiFi will go down - connect your hub directly to your router and be up & running in moments and enjoy years of troublefree service.
- 【COMPATIBILITY DEVICE】 : Support RF (433MHz) controlled devices such as curtain/shades motor, projector and light switch; supports most IR controlled devices of the market such as TV, STB, Air conditioner, Fan, Video Recorder, DVD and more.
- 【 REMOTE APP CONTROL】:Replace all your remotes with your smart phone, allows you to control IR/RF appliances from anywhere anytime by adding Smart Life App into your iOS/Android smart phone or tablet.
- 【ENJOY VOICE CONTROL】： Compatible with Alexa to voice control your TV, STB, Air Conditioner and Fans, compatible with Google Home to voice control your home appliances with a simple voice command.
- 【SCHEDULES & TIMERS】:Use on IR & RF devices as universal air conditioner remote control or smart ceiling fan switch for hands-free smart appliances controller to set their starting and shutdown time. No more missing any crucial shows and games.
- 【CUSTOMER SERVICE】:You can set up and add family members to share your smart life. unlimited technical support are available on our Store.Any malfunction, pls feel free to contact us.
- Buchanan, Marlon (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 136 Pages - 10/06/2020 (Publication Date) - HomeTechHacker (Publisher)
Best Recommendations and Buying Guide for your home automation hub
Before you venture out to purchase your preferred home automation hub, take into consideration some factors. These factors will ultimately help you decide which home automation hub is the right fit for your requirements.
Use the internet to do your research about all the available home automation hubs in the market. This is helpful for both online and retail/ in-person purchases. If you are buying from an online marketplace, try to ascertain the most trustworthy online store. Usually, the online shops that have the highest following of masses are the best ones.
These shops not only provide reliable products but also give the buyers a lot of diversified products to choose from. Search for the different types of home automation hub available in the online store and find ones to choose from.
Read the reviews of people on the online pages to understand the detailed and nuanced pros and cons that entail this particular home automation hub. You can also understand through other people’s reviews whether a particular home automation hub fits your needs.
Assessing products online before buying the desired products from retail shops is also a very common phenomenon.
While doing the crucial research on the home automation hubs available in the market, you might ask yourself a few questions that will help you reach your decision:
- Are home automation hubs worth buying?
- What are the various pros and cons that come with purchasing home automation hub?
- In order to buy the most efficient home automation hub at the optimum price, what are some of the things you might have to think about?
- What are some of the home automation hub brands which are available in today’s market? What is coming in the future?
- Is enough information on what you want accessible?
- Why should I own a or many home automation hubs, even if the quality might not be sharpest?
Other Advantages of Buying home automation hub from Online Marketplaces
Apart from some of the advantages stated before, there are certain other advantages that can be attributed to online stores:
There are a lot of promotional prices and discounts on online stores. In fact, there are more promos on online shops than there are in retail shops. As these stores work simultaneously with multiple dealers at a time, a customer is able to avail a certain product at the best possible price.
Online marketplaces have evolved a lot since the inception of the millennium. They have become a huge source of cash flow for a lot of important people in the world.
This seismic growth of the industry is down to the reliability and trustworthiness codes that online markets follow. As a result, consumers can almost guarantee that they will get the right products at the right time and price.
There is rigidity in the items that can be sold in online shops. There is a lot of diversity and nuanced markets that help consumers find what they are looking for.
Sometimes, one might even come across something that they did not know about beforehand. The availability of alternative products is focal in ensuring the dominance of online stores.
How to Make Sure You Choose the Right home automation hub
If you are an early or new user, it might be difficult for you to find the proper home automation hub. You might be unaware of certain facets of the home automation hub that you might have been thinking about. But we are here to help you out with that! The recommendations below might be helpful in your chase:
Everyone has a budget, and they want to make purchases that fit their respective budgets. To make sure you get the best deal, surf as many markets as possible to know about the difference in prices.
This will help you get an overall idea of the status of the market. Fix your price range in accordance with your knowledge.
In the home automation hub industry, brand loyalty is very high. So consumers usually choose the brand that they have been longest associated with. Popular brands guarantee reliability.
Otherwise, the masses would not have purchased products from popular brands. Different brands have different attributes. Choose a brand whose traits you are most comfortable with.
Different brands have different visual characteristics. This also causes people to choose different products.
If you are a novice user, try consulting with active users of home automation hub. They will be able to give you practical knowledge that they have gained through usage. Sometimes you can elicit information from people that you cannot find in mainstream media – it can either be good or bad information about the product.
User reviews often become very pivotal in making people decide which brand of home automation hub they ought to buy. They might end up having the final say in the purchase decision.
It is imperative that before buying, you can understand the functionality of your home automation hub. Granted that a lot of knowledge about the product is learned through usage and experience. As there are different types, try to choose the one that parallels your requirements the most.
In The End
We can only tell you so much about buying your new best home automation hub. But we are confident that if you follow the recommendations that we have given here, you will find something that caters to your needs the best.
Best of luck with your new purchase!