LeapFrog is one of the leading manufacturers of educational toys and games. It began back in the year 2000 when LeapFrog Enterprises released its first LeapPad Learning System. Since then, the company has come a long way and has released a number of quality learning toys and tablets for kids. The LeapPad Platinum is one of their most popular tablets. It has a 7-inch touch screen, comes with a stylus, and has camera. It is loaded with more than 100 games and learning activities.
This tablet is suitable for toddlers aged 3 to 9 years. It is quite expensive but is loaded with some good features. It is a good option for parents who want their kids to learn while they play. However, if you are looking for cheaper tablets, we have reviews of some cheaper options below. In this review, we will take a look at the features of the LeapPad Platinum and see if it is worth the money.
Best leapfrog leappad platinum learning tablet : Top 10 Picks for 2023
LeapFrog is one of the top names in educational toys and games for kids. Their products focus on encouraging kids to learn through play and have been helping parents foster a love of learning in their children for over 30 years.
The LeapFrog LeapPad Platinum is one of the company’s top-of-the-line tablets for kids ages 3 to 9.
1. LeapFrog Disney The Little Mermaid Learning Game (for LeapPad Platinum, LeapPad Ultra, LeapPad2, LeapPad3, LeapsterGS Explorer)
- Dive into Ariel’s adventures, and use math skills to explore special moments from her enchanting life. Search for fascinating human artifacts in exciting underwater treasure hunts, and dance the night away with Prince Eric! Skills learned include addition, numbers, patterns, shapes, and subtraction.
- Swim through the seas, dance with Prince Eric, and use mathematics skills to be part of Ariel’s enchanting world. Dodge obstacles, match sets to numerals and compare objects by size to help Ariel swim up and visit the human world.
- Collect numbers in the right sequence and use skip counting to twirl Ariel and Eric around the dance floor. Explore Atlantica and search sunken ships for fascinating dinglehoppers, snarfblatts, and more. Earn gems during gameplay, and use them to unlock dress-up items for Ariel.
- Go for a carriage ride around the kingdom. Gather flowers and use number sense to collect numbers along the way. Challenge Flounder to find the most shells. Aim for a high score by matching and learning about 2D and 3D shapes!
- The Little Mermaid introduces and reinforces math concepts for children in pre-K through 1st grade (ages 4-7). Children join Ariel underwater and on land while building skills and fluency in number recognition and sequencing, addition, subtraction, patterns and 2D and 3D shape recognition.
Additional Info :
The Little Mermaid Learning Game by Leapfrog is a Little Mermaid-themed educational game for the Leappad Learning Systems. It provides hours of fun while also teaching kids basic skills. The Little Mermaid Learning Game is ideal for kids aged 3 to 8 years. It comes with the game cartridge and instructions.
The Little Mermaid Learning Game is based on the hit Disney movie, and kids will get to interact with the characters and explore scenes from the movie. The main objective of the game is to help Ariel find her friends by answering questions correctly and by completing activities. As kids play the game, they will also be rewarded with stickers that can be used to customize the game.
2. LeapFrog LeapPad Ultimate Ready for School Tablet, Green
- Includes $100 worth of school readiness apps, plus apps featuring reading, music, problem solving and creativity for a total value of $195+
- Features a 7″ shatter-safe screen, multi-touch capacitive screen and a built-in bumper for durability
- Access to a library of content including award-winning apps and cartridges featuring kids’ favorite characters
- Exclusive Just-for-Me learning technology built into many of the learning games adapts the curriculum to keep kids engaged and motivated
- Kid-friendly web browser that provides access to pre-selected websites all approved by learning experts. For ages 3-6
Additional Info :
LeapFrog’s LeapPad Ultimate is an educational tablet for kids. It allows your child to learn and have fun at the same time. It comes preloaded with over 500 games and apps that are tailored to kids’ learning abilities. This kid-friendly tablet comes with a rechargeable battery and a USB cable for charging. It also has a microSD slot that can take up to 32GB of external memory.
This makes it possible to add more games and apps. The LeapPad Ultimate also comes with a stylus pen for accurate drawing ability. It has a front-facing camera that can take photos and videos. Your child can also interact with the touchscreen thanks to the 5-inch screen.
3. LeapFrog Disney/Pixar Finding Dory Learning Game (for LeapPad Platinum, LeapPad Ultra, LeapPad2, LeapPad3)
- Join Dory and friends on a mathematics-filled quest to find her family and home. Put Dory’s memories back together with puzzle pieces earned along the way. Works With: LeapPad Platinum, LeapPad Ultra, LeapPad2, LeapPad3.
- Adventure with Dory and get oceans of practice with addition, subtraction, shape recognition and more. Have “sum” fun helping Dory cross the open ocean. Identify numbers, add, subtract and collect memory shells as you go.
- Explore the attributes of different 3D shapes to find each hermit crab the perfect home. Extend patterns of colors and shapes to help Hank and Dory sneak past security guards.
- Light the way through pipe mazes for Bailey & Dory. Collect numbers along the way to complete sequences and equations. Learn to speak “Whale” with Dory. Record and listen to your own voice saying each phrase.
- Earn puzzle pieces for achievements, and put them together to see snapshots from Dory’s past. Skills learned include addition, counting, patterns, subtraction, 2D shapes, and 3D shapes. For ages 4-7 years.
Additional Info :
Habitat puzzles are very fun to play, and they are based on the movie Finding Dory. The game starts with an aquarium, and you will have to play different levels of the game by collecting the fish. The game has different levels, and you will be able to collect different fish. When you collect the required number of fishes, you will be able to level up.
The best part of the game is that it is designed for children to learn how to count and spell. You can also play with your friends, and it will help your child to learn how to socialize.
4. LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra/Ultra XDI Kids’ Learning Tablet, Green (styles may vary)(Discontinued by manufacturer)
- Ultimate adventures await with LeapPad Ultra XDi’s huge 7″ hi-res screen, kid-friendly web and kid-tough design
- Huge, vivid screen delivers rich, dynamic graphics that immerse kids into the learning experience and bring the fun to life
- Access the most engaging learning library for kids tablets, with 1,000+ educator-approved games, apps, eBooks, videos, music and more
- Includes 11 apps: Photo Fun Ultra, Art Studio Ultra, Pet Pad Party, Utility Suite, Pet Chat and more
- Features rechargeable battery, Wi-Fi, 8GB memory, parent controls, two cameras and video recorders, MP3 player and more. Ages 4–9 years
Additional Info :
With more than 500 apps, games, books and videos to choose from, this learning tablet has everything your little one needs to explore, learn and play. It features a 7-inch touch screen, front and rear cameras, Wi-Fi capability and a rechargeable battery. The rechargeable battery is a nice feature, but the battery life is way too short. The manufacturer claims that it will last for up to four hours, but in our experience it only lasted for about 30-45 minutes.
Some parents were also disappointed with the customer service of the company. They received emails stating that their issues were resolved, but their issues were not resolved.
5. LeapFrog Pixar Pals Learning Game (for LeapPad Platinum, LeapPad Ultra, LeapPad1, LeapPad2, LeapPad3, Leapster Explorer, LeapsterGS Explorer)
- Use reasoning skills in six challenging dilemmas with your child’s favorite Pixar Pals.
- Appropriate for children ages 4 to 7 years (grades pre-K to 1). Works With: LeapPad Platinum, LeapPad Ultra, LeapPad1, LeapPad2, LeapPad3, Leapster Explorer, LeapsterGS Explorer.
- Complete challenges, solve puzzles and unlock mini-games with WALL-E and EVE, Nemo and Dory, and Woody and Buzz! Blast into the future to create a model of the solar system, and sort trash and recycling with the ever-curious WALL-E.
- Help Woody and Buzz put trains on the right track, and explore levers, pulleys and springs in an alien training mission. A sea of learning. Dive into Dory’s ocean habitat to learn about sea life, and help baby sea creatures find their parents.
- Skills learned include sorting & classifying, environmental science, logic & reasoning, thinking like a scientist, and ocean science.
Additional Info :
Our top pick for the best leapfrog game is the leapfrog pixar pals learning game. We loved that this game allowed kids to play as their favorite pixar pal. Kids loved playing as the fun and quirky characters from the pixar universe to earn virtual tokens that they could use to unlock fun games and activities. We loved that this game was designed to help kids learn and practice important preschool skills.
Kids could earn badges for mastering skills like letter and number recognition, matching, and problem-solving. Kids also loved interacting with their favorite pixar pal characters and earning virtual tokens that they could use to unlock games and activities.
6. LeapFrog LeapPad Academy Kids’ Learning Tablet, Green
- Enjoy a kid-friendly tablet with Android that’s packed with 20 educational apps and creativity tools designed by LeapFrog learning experts
- Explore LeapSearch, LeapFrog’s kid-friendly web browser and add to the learning with kid-friendly websites and videos
- Includes a free three-month trial of LeapFrog Academy, an interactive learning program that progressively guides children on learning adventures
- Parents can download popular Android apps or choose from hundreds of games, apps, videos and music (sold separately) from the LeapFrog App Center
- Intended for ages 3-8 years; rechargeable lithium ion battery included
- Video recorder: 480p video recording
Additional Info :
With a battery life of up to 8 hours, the LeapFrog Leappad is guaranteed to keep your child occupied for hours on end. This child-friendly learning tablet has a rechargeable battery, a protective bumper, and a built-in camera. The learning games are separated into three different learning levels to cater to the appropriate skill levels of your child.
With more than 100 games and educational apps, your little one will never get bored. The best part about this learning tablet is that your child will never even know that they are learning! They will be so busy playing games and exploring their new toy that they won’t even realize that they are enhancing their reading and math skills.
7. LeapFrog Learning Game: Bubble Guppies
- Plays on LeapPad1, Leappad 2, and LeapPad Ultra, Leapster Explorer, and Leapster GS.
- Dive into science and social studies on field trips with Molly, Gil, Bubble Puppy and the classroom of Bubble Guppies. Help the Bubble Guppies clean up the Puppy Park: Sort recycling and trash, and match animals with their habitats and foods
- Visit Big Bubble City to see people & things you see in cities. Make a fin-tastic fireworks celebration. Travel with Gil to a dinosaur dig site. Collect bones and fossils to complete a skeleton. Answer questions to identify, sort and match fossils
- Children can be a part of the Bubble Guppies learning environment, discovering social studies and science topics while nurturing their natural curiosity and inquisitiveness
- Children build vocabulary and listening comprehension skills key to early reading as they learn about recycling, animal habitats, fossils, people and places in the community. Learn environmental science, life science, and listening comprehension
Additional Info :
This LeapFrog Learning Game is sure to be a hit with your little one. Whether they are learning to count, work on their fine motor skills or learn more about their favorite TV show, this game is one that they will want to play over and over again!
As a parent, you will love that this game comes with 4 different game modes that are sure to keep your little one engaged.
This game is also super easy to play and comes with batteries right out of the box so you can play right away!
If you are looking for a game that your little one will love and can also benefit from, then look no further than this LeapFrog Learning Game.
8. LeapFrog LeapLand Adventures
- This video game for early learners takes kids on a quest for keys to unlock Clever Castle while exploring letters, numbers, shapes and colors
- Insert the HDMI game stick and USB power cable into the TV and start playing immediately using the wireless controller; no downloads or account setup required
- Choose between two characters to explore replayable game levels; save unique game progress for up to 5 players
- Kids can explore 150+ learning items at their own pace by playing the educational content in the Learning Center
- Intended for ages 3+ years; requires 2 AA batteries; batteries not included
Additional Info :
My kids love the LeapFrog Leapland Adventures game because they can play with a friend. You can play as one of three characters: Hops, Stella, and Skye. Each has a different special power that you can use during the game.
LeapFrog Leapland Adventures is a game that teaches kids how to take care of a pet. You can play as Hops and take care of a pet bunny rabbit named Peanut, as Stella and take care of a puppy named Tank, or as Skye and take care of a turtle named Tippy.
9. T Power 5V Charger for Leapfrog LeapPad Academy Epic Kids Tablet Skytex-Imagine 9 Skypad 7s Sungale Cyberus TG-TEK/Epik ONLY Ac Dc Adapter Power Supply
- T-POWER SPECS : 5V 2.1A 5W 9W 10W Rapid Fast 6 Feet Long Charger
- Compatible with: LeapFrog Epic Kids Tablet | LeapPad 3, Leapfrog Kids Tablet,LeapPad Platinum, LeapReader, LeapPad Ultra Xdi, LeapPad Ultra Kids, Leapfrog LeapReader Pen / Casio | Double Power | Epik Learning Tab | Google Nexus | Huawei Honor 5X | Sharp Aquos Crystal | Sony Xperia
- Samsung Galaxy S2 S3 S4 S5 S6 S7 Edge Active Plus J3 J7 Note 2 3 4 5 Tab 3 4 E 9.6 A 9.7 10.1 10.5 Pro 12.2 Rugby Grand Core Prime Flip Phone | ZTE ZMax 2 Axon Blade Majesty Pro Maven Max Prestige Quartz Warp Elite | BlackBerry DTEK50 Bold Classic Curve Passport PlayBook PRIV Q10 Z10 |
- LG G2 G3 G4 V10 X Power Leon Phoenix REVERE Stylo 2 3 Plus TracFone Tribute LG G Pad 7.0 F 8.0 | Motorola Moto DROID Turbo Maxx 2 E X Pure G Play Plus RAZR M | AT&T | Alcatel One Touch | Oneplus One
- HTC One A9 M7 M8 M9 530 626 Rezound | NVIDIA SHIELD | Asus Transformer Book Pad T100 Mini T102HA Zenpad 8 10 ZenFone 2 MeMo Pad 7 8 10 | Dell Venue 8 | Nextbook Ares 8 10A | Nokia 6 3310 105 | Microsoft Lumia 635 | Lenovo Yoga ThinkPad Tablet 2 | Anker Battery | Acer Iconia | BLU Advance, Studio 5.0 5.5 6.0 7.0 | LeapFrog LeapPad Ultimate 80-602000;
Additional Info :
This T-Power charger is specially designed for the LeapFrog Leappad Academy Epic Kids Tablet. It enables you to charge your tablet without having to constantly plug and unplug the charging cable. The T-Power charger has a compact design, which allows you to carry it with you while on the go. It supports a wide range of input voltages, from 100V to 240V, which makes it suitable for use in different countries.
The charger is made of high-quality materials and features surge protection, short circuit protection, over-temperature protection, and over-current protection. It also leads to a faster and more stable charge, ensuring that your tablet is protected from over-charging.
10. LeapFrog LeapStart Learning Success Bundle, Green
- Engages kids through books and audio for an experience that reinforces learning and helps kids better understand the concepts
- Includes the Go! Go! Cory Carson Cory Carson Superhero School book and an additional activity book
- Use the LeapStart stylus to tap on the pictures and words to explore reading, counting, problem-solving and more
- Most replayable activities have two levels with 50+ key skills per grade level covering a variety of preschool through first grade subjects
- Intended for ages 2-7 years; requires 2 AA batteries; batteries included; computer and internet required for download
Additional Info :
This Learning Success Bundle is a great gift for children who are 3 years old and older. It includes a handheld learning system, a book, and over 20 cartridges. LeapFrog LeapStart Learning System
The LeapFrog LeapStart Learning System helps kids explore, experience, and learn through play. It features six interactive activities that introduce children to letters, words, numbers, music, and different environments like the beach or the city.
The handheld system includes the main character, Tad the Tadpole. The LeapStart Learning System includes a handheld system, the main character, and six interactive cartridges. It’s recommended for children who are 3 years old and older.
Sorting Out the leapfrog leappad platinum learning tablet That Are Right for You
Leapfrog’s Leappad Platinum learning tablet is one of the best options for parents looking for a kid-friendly tablet for their child.
It offers a wealth of educational apps and games, plus it also has a camera, and you can connect it to wifi.
It’s a lot more advanced than a standard kids’ tablet, and while it’s a great option for a first tablet, it’s also good for kids who already have a tablet and are looking for something to expand their learning.
There are several versions of the Leapfrog Leappad Platinum, so it’s important to understand the differences between them before you make a purchase. That’s what this guide is here for, so read on to learn more.
Leapfrog Leappad Platinum vs Leappad Ultra
The Leappad Ultra is a previous version of the Leappad Platinum and is no longer available. It’s a good option if you can find one at a good price, but there are some things to be aware of.
Leapfrog Leappad Ultra learning tablet
Image credit: Amazon
The biggest difference is that it only has 32MB of memory, so it can’t connect to wifi. This means you can only use it when it’s plugged into a computer or a wall, and you can’t download new content.
There are also fewer apps and games available for this version of the Leappad. The games and apps are still educational, though, so it’s still a good learning tablet for kids.
Leapfrog Leappad Platinum vs Leappad Ultra XR
The Leappad Ultra XR is another previous version of the Leappad Platinum, and it’s also no longer available. It has a few differences with the Ultra.
Leapfrog Leappad Ultra XR learning tablet
Image credit: Amazon
It has more memory, with 64MB, so you can connect it to wifi. It also has an extra camera, so it can connect to the Leappad Ultra XR camera.
The biggest difference is that it doesn’t have an SD card reader, so you can’t easily add additional content. It’s still a good learning tablet for kids, but the Platinum is the better option.
Leapfrog Leappad Platinum vs Leappad Ultra XRt
The Leappad Ultra XRT is another previous version of
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between the LeapPad Platinum and the LeapPad Ultra?
What is the difference between the LeapPad Platinum and the LeapPad 2?
The main difference is the screen, the LeapPad Platinum has a 7″ screen and the LeapPad 2 has a 5″ screen. Is the LeapPad Platinum better than the LeapPad 2 Maybe, the LeapPad Platinum is newer and has a slightly bigger screen, so it may be a better choice.
How long do the batteries last in the LeapPad The batteries last about 4-6 hours, depending on how much it is used.
How much does the LeapPad Platinum cost?
The LeapPad Platinum can be found online for about $100. How can I tell if my LeapPad Platinum is a counterfeit Although LeapFrog is aware of counterfeit products, they cannot completely prevent them. To spot a counterfeit product, look for the following: Poorly written barcode.
Plastic packaging, rather than cardboard. The number 9 is written as a sideways 6.
How do you reset a LeapPad Platinum?
How long does the battery last on a LeapPad?
The LeapPad battery lasts for up to 3 hours of play time. What is the LeapPad tablet’s resolution The LeapPad tablet has a resolution of 800 x 480. How much storage does the LeapPad tablet have The LeapPad tablet has 4GB of storage. What are the dimensions of the LeapPad tablet The LeapPad tablet measures 5.
4 x 7. 4 x 0. 8 inches.
The leapfrog leappad platinum learning tablet is an ideal educational toy for children aged three to nine years. It is loaded with educational apps, games, and e-books, and lets kids play, learn, and grow. The tablet is easy to use and its battery life is impressive. It is lightweight and offers a fun way to learn.
We recommend the leapfrog leappad Platinum tablet for kids who are eager to learn and explore. It is also suitable for children who spend a lot of time on a tablet but don’t have one at home. The leapfrog leappad Platinum tablet is a great way to introduce kids to technology in a fun and educational way.