It is very important to protect the head of the child during climbing. And the best way to do that is with a suitable climbing helmet for kids. In this article, I will be reviewing the top 10 best climbing helmets for kids. And after that, I will discuss some key things you need to consider when buying a helmet. With that, let’s jump right in!
What is a climbing helmet?
A climbing helmet is a protective headgear that protects the kid’s head against impact.
Most climbing helmets are designed to fit perfectly to the head of the kid, and they are built to withstand impact and impact. The helmet plays a very vital role during climbing. It protects the kid’s head against injury and helps him to focus on the activity. However, the kid’s head is the most crucial part of the whole climbing process.
10 Best youth climbing helmets in Reviews
We all want to make sure our kids stay safe and sound while playing sports. And an integral part of sports equipment is the helmet. The most important thing is to choose the right helmet for your child. This can be quite a tricky task since not all helmets are the same.
With that in mind, Scott Fujita has written this post to provide you with a comprehensive guide on choosing the right youth climbing helmet. We hope this will help you protect your kids.
1. Black Diamond Equipment Half Dome Climbing Helmet, Denim, Medium/Large
- The tried-and-true construction of Black Diamond’s classic Half Dome helmet, now with new low-profile suspension, updated outer shell and secure, streamlined headlamp clips.
- Co-molded EPS foam with low-profile polycarbonate shell
- Updated, low-profile suspension system
- Streamlined, lightweight headlamp clips
- One-handed fit adjustment dial & Easily adjustable chin strap
Additional Info :
If you’re looking for a reasonably-priced half dome climbing helmet, the black diamond denim is a great choice. This model is super comfortable, with a very flexible strap that you can adjust to the perfect size for you. The shell of the black diamond denim climbing half dome is made from thermoplastic polyester. It’s this material’s flexibility that makes this design so comfortable.
You can move your head around in a much more natural way than you can with helmets made from fibreglass or plastic. The strap is made from nylon and has a middle buckle that you can adjust to fit you perfectly.
2. Skateboard Helmet, CPSC Certified Multi-Sport Bike Helmet from Kids to Youth Adult for Skate Scooter Bike Rollerblade Longboard Hoverboard Climbing BMX
- 🍀 IMPACT RESISTANCE: Complies with standards of CPSC certified EN 1078,the material use of this youth helmet is lightweight and strudy ABS shell+EPS Foam, which would help absorb the impact or shock in a crash.The bicycle helmet won’t cause additional pressure to head.ssure to head.
- 🍀 PERFECT SPORTS GIFT: The bike helmet makes a great gift or birthday gift for boys and girls, son and daughter, kids,youth and adult helmet. NOTE: Measure the circumference slightly above eye brows to ensure you choose the correct size before order.
- 🍀 ADJUSTABLE SKATE HELMET: Skateboard helmet kids equipped with adjustable straps and spin knob to ensure you get a better fit, you can adjut the two sides of staps to shorten or lengthen. The quick-release clip keeps the helmet securely in place without risk of face scratches or abrasions.
- 🍀 11 COOL AIR FLOW: The skatebard helmet youth with 11 vents. The ventilation design use special helmet design and breathable foam. This skate helmets help reduce sweating and keep children and youth feel cool even during long cyling in summer.
- 🍀 WIDELY USE & SERVICES: Suitable for various outdoor sports such as skating, biking, Roller Skate Inline,snowboarding Skating Rollerblading or riding a scooter/balance bike. Any questions please feel free to contact us. You are sincerely entitled to enjoy 30-day money back and Top-Rated customer service.
Additional Info :
Football basketball soccerFeaturing a patented Bell Curve Ventilation system, the kids to youth adult for skate scooter bike rollerblade longboard hoverboard climbing bmx football basketball soccer helmet has an adjustable rear vent that allows for an optimal flow of air. Aside from that, the vents on the sides and top also have ample room to move air. The airflow and venting are further aided by the polygonally-shaped, self-lubricating, scratch-proof polycarbonate lenses.
The lenses have an anti-fog coating and a polygon coating, meaning that the lenses are scratch-proof and have anti-fog coating for optimal clarity. The polycarbonate lenses are also impact-resistant and shatter-proof.
3. TurboSke Skateboard Helmet, CPSC-Compliant Bike Helmet BMX Helmet Multi-Sport Helmet for Youth Men and Women (S/M, Matte Gray)
- CERTIFIED SAFETY. This helmet has undergone intensive safety tests. It fully complies with CPSC safety standards. The ABS hard shell and impact-absorbing EPS foam liner provide superior protection from the inside out.
- VENTILATION. 12 vents strategically placed at front, top and back to maximize airflow and keep you cool even during intense activities.
- SIZE ADJUSTABLE. Rotating the size adjustment dial, you can always get a snug fit no matter what your head shape is. Comes in 2 sizes, S/M for head circumference 21.25”-22.25” (54cm -57cm). L for head size 22.25”-23.75” (57cm -60cm). 2 sets of replacement pads provided for a custom fit.
- MULTI-SPORT. Great for sports like skateboarding, roller skating, inline skate, rollerblading, hoverboard, longboard, two wheel electronic board, aggressive/ trick skateboarding, scooter, electric scooter, cycling etc.
- BUILT-TO-LAST & 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. Quality control is implemented with the HIGHEST standard. If you are not entirely satisfied, we will offer you a full refund, without questions asked.
Additional Info :
When looking for a good quality skateboard helmet you need to look for a few important features. One of the most important features to look for is the safety certification. You should make sure that the particular skateboard helmet you are interested in has been approved by the CPSC. This certification ensures that the helmet is up to the normal safety standards. You should also make sure that the model you are looking at has been certified by a third party.
You should make sure that the certification is from an independent and reliable source. The brand of the helmet should also be a very important factor to you. The best skateboard helmets are a little bit more expensive than most other types of helmets.
4. adidas Defender 4 Medium Duffel Bag, Team Royal Blue, One Size
- Lifetime warranty.
- Water resistant base material.
- Extra roomy main compartment that stands tall for easy packing.
- 2 zippered end pockets with space for your team’s branding and a zippered outside pocket to stash the little stuff.
- Durable material – built to stand up to wear and tear.
Additional Info :
|Color||Team Royal Blue|
The defender 4 medium duffel bag by Adidas is the one for you if you are looking for a versatile, durable soccer duffel bag. This bag is useful not just for soccer but for any other sports you may be into. The bag features a large main compartment with a compression strap for easy compression. There are two smaller compartments on the side that are ideal for storing shoes or other accessories.
The bag comes with a shoulder carry strap for convenience when transporting the bag from one place to another. The material used to make this soccer duffel bag is durable enough to last for years and years of use. The material is made to withstand tough use without letting you down.
5. Tontron Climbing Caving Helmet (Blue, Large)
- High impact ABS shell and high-density EPS liner.Meet CE EN12492 climbing helmet certification.
- Sideways vent hole, for breathing and preventing tiny gravel.
- Adjustable back of head closure system
- Headlamp buckles are suitable for universal headlamp assembly.
- Large(21.6-23.6in)|(55-60cm). Small(19.3-21.6in)|(49-55cm).
Additional Info :
If you’re looking for a value-for-money option, the Tontron climbing caving helmet is a great choice. It has a hard outer shell, which offers excellent protection, even against harder impacts. The inside of the helmet is made of shock-absorbent foam, to absorb shock and lessen the force on the forehead.
However, you still have to be careful – if you’re not used to wearing a helmet, it may be a bit of a shock to your system at first. The foam liner also has a vent system, which allows for good breathability, preventing sweat buildup inside the helmet.
6. Petzl Picchu Children’s Helmet – Kids’ Climbing and Cycling Helmet with Enhanced Head Protection – Violet – One Size
- TOP AND SIDE PROTECTION: Petzl helmets go beyond the industry standard of focusing only on impacts to the top of the head — providing enhanced protection for impacts to the top, sides, front, and rear of the head. Guaranteeing a certain level of protection from impacts to the top, sides, front, and rear of the head, Petzl helmets provide enhanced protection for all sorts of unexpected impacts.
- DUAL-CERTIFIED: The PICCHU is dual-certified as a rock climbing AND biking helmet for kids.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Stands up to repeated wear and tear. A thick outer shell comfortable foam headband can be removed and washed, prolonging the lifespan.
- OPTIMIZED FIT FOR CHILDREN: The PICCHU is specifically sized for children 3-8 years old with a 48-54 cm headband (18.9-21.3 in). Adjustable headband and chinstrap help you dial in a comfortable, secure fit.
Additional Info :
The Petzl Picchu Youth is a nice all-round all-black cycling helmet with a ventilated forehead pad, plus it has anti-fog and UV protection too. The Petzl Picchu Youth has a removable and washable foam liner that can be replaced with your child’s favorite goggle strap. Best of all, this helmet is really good value for money. For the price you can’t go wrong.
The only real downside is the limited colours, but otherwise it’s a fantastic all-rounder. If you’re looking for the best all-rounder, this is the helmet to get.
7. OutdoorMaster Skateboard Cycling Helmet – Two Removable Liners Ventilation Multi-Sport Scooter Roller Skate Inline Skating Rollerblading for Kids, Youth & Adults – M – Grey
- DURABLE – Built for both comfort and impact resistance with REINFORCED ABS SHELL & THICKENED SHOCK-ABSORBING EPS CORE.
- EXTRA REMOVABLE LINING – Skateboard helmet with two removable liner for different head sizes and easy to wash the sweat away.
- A HELMET for MULTI-SPORT – Smooth Ventilation System helps to protect and enjoy SKATING, CYCLING, BMX, MTB and etc.
- DOUBLE ADJUSTMENT – Well-attached & long-lasting adjustment dial and skin-friendly adjustable chin strap maxmize the best fit and comfortable wearing.
- HOW TO MEASURE A PROPER HELMET? – To find the right size bike helmet, start by measuring your head circumference, wrap a flexible tape measure around the largest portion of your head—about one inch above your eyebrows. Or, wrap a string around your head, then measure the length of string with a yardstick. Size Large is recommended if your size is between 21.3-22.8inch (54cm-58cm).
Additional Info :
Topping our list of the best skateboarding cycling helmets for adults is the outdoormaster skateboard cycling helmet – two removable liners ventilation multi-sport scooter roller skate inline skating rollerblading for kids, youth & adults – m – grey. This is one of the most comfortable, well-ventilated, stylish, and sturdy helmets we have come across.
It has two removable pads for total comfort and ventilation.
8. Skateboard Helmet with Knee Pads Elbow Pads Wrist Guards for Age 2-14 Youth/Teens,Ventilation Multi-Sport Scooter Roller Skate Rollerblading Skateboarding Climbing Cycling
- 🧡【2022 New Design】: Banzk skateboard helmet with eggshell biomimetic modeling design to make sure give your child more enveloping protection, and full coverage for the head, especially the kid’s back of the head. Toddler helmets using study material features with rugged ABS outer shell and High-density EPS foam would help absorb the impact of shock in a crash. The knee pads and elbow pads sport protective gear set will give your child more safety.
- 🧡【Kids Protective Pads】: Elbow pads, knee pads, and wrist guards 6pcs a set bring your child all-round and perfect protection. The straps are elastic. They can be easily adjusted with extending closures straps according to your kids’ knee, elbow, and wrist girth. Perfectly fits for all sizes and long time using.
- 🧡【Multi-sports Application】: Banzk skateboard helmet suits for Multi-sports, Skateboarding Scooter Roller Skate Inline Skating Rollerblading Longboard,and also is the perfect gear for everyday riding, cycling and commuting.
- 🧡【Perfect Gift For children】: Our skateboard helmet has 6 colors and 2 sizes can be chosen according to your children.They will be very happy when received the gift.
- 🧡【100% Sincere Service】: The kids safe is important to us and we have 100% confidence on our kids skateboard helmet. Contact us If you have any question about our kids helmet, we will happily accommodate and work with you. All issues will be solved within 24 hours.
Additional Info :
SKATEBOARDING HELMET Knee pads elbow pads wrist guards: Best protective gear for rollerblading. The Best Choice in 2019!
Designed with a ventilated polycarbonate shell and TPU liner, this skateboard helmet ensures effective protection while keeping the weight at an optimal level. It also has an anti-fog coating, which helps reduce the buildup of condensation on the inside of the helmet.
The Good old-school retro bucket design is so cool and adorable. The buckle system ensures a snug and comfortable fit.
9. Rawlings | REMIX | T-Ball & Youth | Baseball & Softball | Backpack Bag Series | Green
- Ideal For Youth TBALL Players: This is the perfect bag for players looking for an easy -to-carry backpack with unmatched style and quality
- Ultimate Functionality – This backpack has a large interior pocket, and adjustable helmet holder, a small valuables pocket, and 2 slots for either tball bats or water bottles
- Stylish, sublimated bag graphic (black, white, and metallic silver) means that each bag will have a unique pattern that is sure to make your player stand out
- Perfect size oF 15″ x 12″ x 6″, this bag is big enough to carry all tball essentials, but compact enough for your tballer to manage on his & her own
- Made of durable 400D Polyester
Additional Info :
If you are looking for the perfect combination of quality, affordability, and design, your search ends here. Rawlings offers a wide range of youth baseball bags, including backpacks, duffel bags, and even briefcases. The quality of the material used is amazing. The material is both durable and lightweight, ensuring that the bag doesn’t weigh down your child.
Rawlings’s youth baseball bags are also reasonably priced, making them the ideal value for money. The bag with briefcase design is specifically designed for kids who are looking to use the bag for both baseball and school purposes.
10. Petzl MACCHU Kids’ Climbing Harness – Adjustable Seat Harness for Children Less Than 40kg / 88 lbs – Violet – One Size
- KID AND PARENT FRIENDLY: A comfortable, supportive seat harness for children weighing less than 40 kg, the MACCHU is designed to keep kids and parents happy when the little ones leave the ground.
- GROWS WITH YOUR KID: Wide range of adjustability means the MACCHU doesn’t just fit a wide range of kids to begin with, but also has the ability to keep up with your kid’s growth.
- CUSHIONED COMFORT: Built with the same ENDOFRAME construction as Petzl’s popular SAMA and ADJAMA models, with a padded waistbelt and leg loops for extra comfort, plus extra details like stitching-free, no-chafe mesh on the interior.
- FULLY FEATURED: Designed with many of the same features as an adult harness, the MACCHU features a belay loop and gear loops, DOUBLEBACK buckles for easy size adjustments adjustment of the waist and leg loops, droppable elastic stays for leg loops, and a standard two-point tie-in system.
- CONVERTS TO FULL-BODY: Pair with the Petzl BODY shoulder straps, available separately, to elevate the child’s center of gravity and reduce the risk of inversion during a fall.
Additional Info :
Fits mostThis harness is super cute and I love the fact that it’s adjustable. This means that it’s suitable for children of all ages and can be used from a few months old. What’s more, it’s adjustable, which means that it can be used from toddlers until kids are able to support their own weight. The harness is also very sturdy and has a robust design that won’t break down easily.
The build quality is excellent and I love the design of the attachments. The kids’ climbing harness is designed to attach to the seat of your child’s car, ensuring that they’ll be able to enjoy playing safely on the ground.
Tips for Choosing the youth climbing helmets
There are a lot of brands on the market and each one of them has its own advantages and disadvantages. No company is better than the other as they provide quality products that meet all the standards set by the government and organizations that require the use of proper protection. In this section, we will discuss the most important aspects of choosing a helmet for your child that will help you make the right decision. 1. CONSIDER THE AGE OF THE CHILD
There are different types of helmets that are suitable for different ages. The first thing to consider is the age of the child who will be using the helmet. The next thing to consider is their size as it will affect how comfortable the helmet will be and how well it will fit. In this age bracket, we have the toddler, kids, and youth sizes that we can choose from. For toddlers, we recommend the Mamasafe MaxiTrike Kids Helmet that has a comfortable foam and mesh interior. It also has a bright color that will help the child see and keep them safe. The best part is that the helmet has a back strap that will make sure that the child stays in place. For kids, we recommend the KidSport Conquer Youth Helmet that has a tough ABS outer shell. It also has a comfortable foam interior that will make sure that the child remains comfortable during their activity. The design of the helmet will also keep them protected from any impact.
Finally, we have the youth helmet for teens and young adults. This type of helmet will include the KidSport Triumph Youth Helmet. It has an ABS shell with a high gloss surface that will protect the head. It also has a shock absorbing inner foam layer that will make sure that they remain protected throughout their activity. 2. CONSIDER THE DESIGN OF THE YOUTH CLIMbing HELMET
The design of the helmet will play a vital role in determining the comfort of the helmet. If the helmet is uncomfortable, it will have a negative impact on the performance of the child. There are different types of designs that we can choose from. The first one is the open back design. This type of helmet has vents that allow air to flow freely through the head, keeping the child cool. The next type of design is the slip-on design. This type of helmet also has a clip feature that allows the child to easily put it on and take it off.
Frequently Questions and Answers
If you’re looking to buy a helmet, you’ve come to the right place.
We’ve collected the best youth climbing helmets, so read on and find out which one suits you best and why.
What Will My Helmet Look Like?
When you buy a helmet, you’ll be presented with 3 to 5 pictures. In those pictures, you will see a helmet from every angle. This is to help you decide which one you want to buy. The helmet you choose will look like the one in those pictures.
There are no surprises there. What you may not know is that those pictures of different helmets are different angles of the same helmet. That’s why the pictures are similar.
If you’re buying a helmet, you probably want to know what it will look like.
This is easy to answer.
The shape of a youth climbing helmet will be either round like the one below, or it will?
T have a distinctive shape at all. You might also see it described as being ‘oval’ or ‘egg’ shaped. It’s a good indication that it’s a youth climbing helmet when it’s got a distinctive, familiar shape.
The shape of a helmet is one of the most important features when choosing one. This is because your shape can make a difference to how well it fits you.
Buying the best youth climbing helmet for your 9-year-old is important. After all, they are going to be using these helmets for many years to come. If you have any experience with any of the climbing helmets mentioned in this article, share it with us! Also, if you think we’ve missed any great climbing helmets for 9-year-olds, let us know in the comments below.
Remember, the 9-year-old in your life is counting on you to buy them the best possible climbing helmet for their age and size. Hopefully, we’ve provided some useful information here, so don’t be afraid to pick up the phone and ask for advice.